When you end up using the same few bags over and over again, no matter the outfit or occasion. We’ve all been in a bag rut before. Your bag has become nothing but an afterthought – and where’s the fun in that? Here are five ways to tell it’s time for an update:
1. You’ve stacked all your jeans on top of your bags in the closet. Remember those days when you had proud, prized bags that stood front and center? When those purchases start to shift to the losing end of your closet, it’s time to invest in a new treasure.
2. The bottom of your bag is stuffed with useless, crumpled receipts and gum wrappers. You obviously don’t love your bag anymore. Not even enough to clean it. And the most horrific sign that you don’t give a poo about your bag anymore: Putting it on the floor of a public restroom! When I see people do this, I literally let out an audible gasp.
3. You show up to a family dinner and your 90-year-old grandma has the same bag as you. Perhaps it’s time to update.
4. You catch yourself with a pink bag and an orange top, and they don’t clash in a cool way. You’ve stopped caring about trying to coordinate.
5. You’ve lost focus on work and everything else because you’re daydreaming about the latest Chanel, Celine, Valentino, Chloé, or Fendi. Don’t waste any more of your precious time. Just give in.
Elena Ghisellini Angel Sensua Medium Satchel Bag: It’s versatile enough to go with whatever you want to wear, but the details, like the woven-chain handle and fringe-like tassels, make it special. At Neiman Marcus for $1,490.
Delvaux Tempête GM Satchel: Graphic black and white delivered by Delvaux is totally neutral with none of the snooze factor. At Barneys New York for $8,650.
Proenza Schouler Small Lunch Bag: With embellished canvas, this Proenza is just trendy enough. But we all know the Lunch Bag style is here to stay. At Barneys New York for $995.
Mark Cross Manray Tote: Vintage-inspired and made to last, this top-handled basket is a seasonal special to save for summer’s hottest days. At Barneys New York for $1,995.
Fendi Mini Floral Embellished Leather Backpack: This is one of those bags that will revive your whole wardrobe. Not to mention get a whole lot of attention every time you take it outside. On Luisa via Roma for $2,650.